This licence allows a club to sell alcohol for drinking on club premises. Alcohol can only be sold to club members, a guest accompanied by a member and a member of another club with reciprocal visiting rights.

On-licences are issued for one year (a probation year) and then normally renewed for three years.

Apply for a club licence

Download and complete a Club licence application form [PDF 1.7MB]

All alcohol licence applications require a Certificate of Compliance for the premises. You must include this with your application.

View the working days specified in the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act that could affect application processing times. If your application is complete, there are no objections and all building requirements are met, club licences can normally be processed within 4 – 6 weeks.

Please read the checklist on the application form to make sure you include all the extra documents we need with your application. Incomplete applications will be returned.


View the Alcohol licensing fees [PDF, 1.6 MB]. The fees for processing your application are non-refundable, and must be paid when you apply for your licence.

Pre-lodgement meeting

New licence applications are received through a pre-lodgement meeting. You will need to make an appointment with an Inspector to lodge your new licence application.

Further information

These documents give more information about holding a club licence: