This website includes the Building Code and Christchurch District Plan Flood Management Area and minimum floor level requirements.
Christchurch City Council (Council) provides the information on this website on the following basis:
- The preparation and provision of this information have been made in good faith from a number of sources that are believed to be reliable. The information shows:
- Approximate minimum, maximum and average ground level for properties requiring minimum floor levels under the Building Code and/or Christchurch District Plan.
- Predicted water levels in the 1 in 50 and 200-year design events including climate change and sea-level rise allowances.
- Interim floor level requirements for residential dwellings
- Fixed minimum floor levels in some parts of the Flood Management Areas in the District Plan.
- The term 'Interim floor level' is used because the level may change from time to time as a result of further investigations or flood model updates.
- The floor level information referred to in this website may be subject to property-specific characteristics not taken into account in the present estimates. This may vary the required floor level for building consents or other purposes. Persons with an interest in a property may also need to investigate and consider such circumstances.
- The ground level information is current as at August 2011 and February 2012 (based on LiDAR data flown after the June and December 2011 2011 earthquakes).
- Differences between the data shown and pre-earthquake data may arise from the effects of the earthquakes in the district, but they may also be because of changes in flood modelling technology and the better quality data that is now available to the Council.
- The Council is continuing to carry out flood modelling and to investigate low lying areas in the Christchurch district, and the information in this website may not continue to reflect the most up to date data.
- The Council recommends that landowners and other interested parties obtain their own advice as to flooding, required floor levels or any other requirements in respect of any property or area. The Council makes no representation and provides no warranty, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, reasonableness or completeness of the information, assumptions or analysis contained or referred to in this website or in any supplemental materials. The Council disclaims all liability and responsibility (including, without limitation, any liability arising from fault or negligence on the part of the Council) for any direct or indirect loss or damage which may be suffered by any recipient of the information in this website or any supplemental materials, through use of or reliance on or in connection with anything contained in, or omitted from, such information or materials, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- The information in the flood hazard maps has been generated by computer models that have been calibrated against historical storm events, but which rely upon the assumptions and limitations set out in various technical reports that can be provided on request.
- The maps predict the probability that certain flood levels will be attained under the conditions modelled. The flood levels must be considered to be indicative and not absolute limits.
- The information contained in the maps should only be used or interpreted by suitably qualified professionals.
- GHD and DHI exclude and disclaim all liability for all claims, expenses, losses, damages and costs, including indirect, incidental or consequential loss, legal costs, special or exemplary damages and loss of profits, savings or economic benefit that any organisation or individual may incur as a direct or indirect result of the use of the information in the maps.
- To the extent permitted by law, GHD and DHI exclude any warranty, condition, undertaking or term, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise, as to the condition, quality, performance, merchantability or fitness for purpose of the maps and the information it contains.
- This mapping service is hosted by Christchurch City Council. For help and information regarding maps and map content, the process or raw data, or if the map is not working correctly, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For help or questions about the process and raw data please contact email@example.com or contact us.