If you are planning to buy, sell, or develop a property, you can request a LIM to find out what relevant data the Council holds for that property. LIM information also is useful if you are applying for a building or resource consent.

Trying to find out when your LIM is due to be issued?
Check today's LIM processing report [PDF, 121 KB]. If you have ordered a LIM but it is not showing in the report after 2 working days, contact us on dutybco@ccc.govt.nz and quote the address.

What is a LIM?

A LIM is a report delivered by the Council within 10 working days under section 44a of the LGOIMA Act 1987. It shall include the following matters:

Building, consents and activity licences information

Land, property related information and services

List of building permits and consents and plans i.e. compliance schedules, code compliance certificates and warrants of fitness, swimming pool fence compliance etc. Special characteristics of the land and buildings including: protected buildings and trees, historic buildings, potential contamination, flooding areas.
Information notified to the territorial authority under section 124 of the Weathertight Homes Resolution Services Act 2006. Information relating to drinking water supply, sewer and/or storm water utility services.
List of land use resource consents within 100m. Rates and water information and outstanding charges, rateable valuation data.
Other registrations and licences. Refuse and recycling collection information.
Canterbury earthquakes information: information on red or yellow placards issued, engineering and building reports relating to earthquake damage, if supplied by the property owner. Any other information concerning the land as the authority considers, at its discretion, to be relevant.

How do I order a LIM?

We recommend you use our online application form to order a LIM.

Otherwise you can download the LIM application form [PDF, 65 KB] and email it to: ccclims@ccc.govt.nz or post it to: LIMs Team, Christchurch City Council, PO Box 73013, Christchurch 8154. You can also submit your completed application form from any Council service desk.

For more information about LIMs, contact the Council:
Phone: (03) 941 8999
LIM enquiries email: dutybco@ccc.govt.nz

How much does a LIM cost?

Refer to Regulatory and property information Fee Schedule to view our fees and charges.

You can pay the fee when you submit your LIM application, or charge it to your LIM account, which is invoiced each month.  To set up a LIM account, phone the Accounts Receivable Team on (03) 941 8999.

If you would like to pay for LIM via credit card, please include your name and contact phone number when you submit the form, and the team will call you to do the charge. Please do not include any credit card details in email.

How do I cancel a LIM request?

You may cancel a LIM application at any time unless the LIMs team has started or fully processed the LIM, there will be a cancellation fee payable when the LIM application has been entered into the LIM system. If you have already paid the LIM fee it will be credited to you, minus the cancellation fee (if applicable).

You can cancel or upgrade a LIM application online or mark the original application form "please cancel" and re-submit it. Refer to the Regulatory and Property Information Fees Schedule.

For any fast track LIM application cancellations you will need to call 941 8999 and request to be transferred to the LIM duty line.

Akaroa Harbour Settlement Study Areas

Christchurch City Council conducted a Historical Flooding Research Report and Mapping Project for Akaroa Harbour Settlement Study Areas [PDF, 8.4 MB].

Contact us

For more information about LIMs, contact the Council: