Food and garden waste is collected weekly and is recycled into organic compost. By putting the right stuff in the green bin, you’re making it possible for us to produce locally-made compost and reduce how much is sent to landfill.
What can go in the green organics bin
- fruit and vegetables including pips and stones
- meat, bones and fish
- bread, pastries and flours
- cut flowers, prunings, branches and leaves
- coffee grindings and tea bags
- dairy products
- human and animal hair
- food-soiled cardboard containers (including pizza boxes), paper towels and serviettes
- shells - including eggshells
It has a handy lookup tool so you can find out what goes in each bin as well as reminders to take the bins out each week.