Roto Kohatu Reserve is one of our region’s top fresh water sites. It’s safe, sheltered and getting more popular with water sports user groups and the public. We’d like your input as we plan to manage all the activities while protecting the reserve.
Project status: Closed for feedback
Open for feedback: 15th February 2021 - 15th March 2021
For a number of years we have been gathering information from user groups, stakeholders and the wider community to find out what people like about Roto Kohatu, and to hear their suggestions for improvements. They have highlighted the need to
- support a range of recreational activities
- improve facilities to support the high seasonal use
- manage the space effectively for everyone
- protect the environment especially water quality
- manage access and anti-social behaviour
Following the first round of discussions, staff have worked with the Waimāero/Fendalton -Waimairi - Harewood Community Board to address some of the most pressing issues such as toilets and parking at the reserve.
Please make sure your feedback reaches us by Monday 15 March 2021
Aerial photo showing Roto Kohatu Reserve