The latest news on the Canterbury Multi-Use Arena (CMUA).
Latest update: Wednesday 21 April 2021
- The Kōtui team is progressing the CMUA concept design.
- With the trans-Tasman bubble opening, BESIX Watpac staff are making arrangements to travel from Australia to Christchurch. It’s expected they’ll arrive in early May.
- A co-location office will be established at the Council’s Te Hononga Civic building on Hereford St with the Kōtui team.
- Client project team appointments has now been completed – the final recent appointments include Urbia Group as Principal’s Architect, Robert Bird Group / Vickey Hyett / ME Engineers as the multi-disciplinary Design Verifiers, and Place Consulting for Stakeholder Management.
- Geotechnical and environmental investigations have begun on site. Golder Associates are undertaking this work.
- The decontamination works continues, with the contractors currently removing the coal tar surface from Cashel St.
- The design to convert the Madras and Barbadoes intersections of Cashel and Lichfield streets to T intersections is completed and is currently being priced.
Recent news and announcements
To subscribe to the e-newsletter, email firstname.lastname@example.org