The latest news on the Canterbury Multi-Use Arena (CMUA).
Latest update: Wednesday 19 May 2021
- The Kōtui team is continuing to progress the CMUA concept design, with the intention of being able to publish updated concept designs in July.
- Eight staff from BESIX Watpac in Brisbane have arrived in Christchurch, and are now based from Te Hononga Council Civic Offices. They are working alongside other Kōtui consortium members, and Council and CMUA Project Delivery Ltd staff to progress the concept design of the CMUA.
- On-site geotechnical and environmental investigations are substantially completed, with only two gel push rotary bore holes left to be undertaken in June.
- The decontamination works is progressing on schedule and will be completed early June. The coal tar has been removed from Cashel St and work has begun on Lichfield St.
- The design to convert the Madras and Barbadoes intersections of Cashel and Lichfield streets to T intersections has been completed and priced. Work is expected to begin on site in June.
Recent news and announcements
To subscribe to email newsletters, email email@example.com.
Past newsletter updates: