The education centre at Travis Wetland can be booked for private or community use. Situated inside the park, the building offers easy access to recreational opportunities as well as a range of facilities including a lecture room and kitchen.
Contact us when you're ready to check availability and make a booking. In your request please state if you wish to book the services of a ranger.
Please be aware that if you are arranging a publicly advertised gathering of more than 50 people you may need an event permit.
To see the location of the Education Centre, be sure to look at the Travis Wetland area map [PDF, 1.4 MB]
Travis Wetland Education Centre
|Cost Per Hour
- not for profit community programmes (with or without entrance fee): $10
- community events (dances/social/concerts): $30
- private social events (family functions): $30
- commercial events (corporate/government/seminars): $55
||The lecture room seats 40 people.
|Conditions of Hire
- the organisers shall absolve the Council from any liability whatsoever relating to the booking of the above area
- all park bylaws must be complied with
- please carry your booking confirmation with you in case other visitors are using the space. If there is any confusion with other visitors please ring the 24 hour call centre on 03 941 8999 to be directed towards the duty ranger
|Health and Safety
- the hirer is to accept responsibility for leaving the above area in a clean and tidy condition after use and for any damage resulting from the use of the above areas. Any damage is to be repaired to the satisfaction of the Christchurch City Council
- emergency exits: verandah and sash windows
- assembly point: turning circle beyond back garden (by the plant nursery)
- fire extinguishers: in large lecture room and kitchen. Fire blanket also in kitchen.
- first aid box: on the wall between toilets
- potential hazards: electric fences, waterways, stock (cattle, sheep, horses), moving vehicles, noxious plants, herbicides, pest control (traps)
- read more about hiring a Council community facility
|Hours of Hire
- 8am to 10pm daily
- keys can be collected and returned from Shirley Service Centre, 36 Marshlands Road, on Saturday between 10am and 1pm. There will be a key bond of $51.
- 4 trestle tables
- lecture room, work room, and another small room
- internal toilet and external public toilets near the carpark
- kitchen with small fridge/freezer, oven, utensils, Rheem hot water system and a coffee plunger
- computer and telephone jacks in office, work room and lecture room
- Overhead projector, screen, tv and electronic whiteboard
- cleaning products
- cleaning products and equipment are located in the cleaning cupboard beside the toilets
- there are no rubbish bins in Regional Parks, including Travis Wetland. All groups will need to supply their own rubbish bags and take their rubbish away
|| The car park is accessed off Beach Road.
|Changes and Cancellations
- if you have any changes to your booking, please notify us as soon as possible. Any changes in hire times will need to be confirmed as other users may be booked in
- please note that we require seven working days notice of cancellation to obtain a refund, phone 03 941 8999
- Council reserves the right to cancel any bookings due to circumstances beyond its control