Drainage plans for your property

Use our interactive map to see public utility pipelines and waterways.

Three waters network map colour scheme alignment

Three waters network assets are undergoing a change to the primary colour scheme for each type of network.  These will be seen in geospatial maps and tools and can be summarised as:

  • Wastewater network - changed to display consistently as red (was various reds/maroons)
  • Stormwater network - changed to display consistently as green (was various blues/pinks)
  • Water supply network - changed to display consistently as blue for potable (was various greens) and purplefor non-potable (unchanged)

Changes will be applied to:


We are changing to better align with conventions across New Zealand for how these network assets are displayed in a contextual setting. A few organisations that use these conventions include NZ Transport Agency, Auckland Council and Wellington City Council.

This map can also be viewed in fullscreen mode(external link). Use the back button in your browser to return to this page.

Please note the following section of content is possibly being delivered from an external source (IFRAME in HTML terms), and may present unusual experiences for screen readers.


Utilities Water supply Waste water Storm water

Request a drainage plan

Private drainage plans

You can request a plan by:

The Council can supply private drainage plans up to 1:500 scale. A private drainage plan might include:

  • Public and private sewer pipes.
  • Public and private stormwater pipes.
  • Open waterways that have been located on site and plotted or electronically recorded from field surveys.
  • Water supply pipelines up to the property’s water meter. The Council does not hold records on water supply pipe locations within private property boundaries. 

Requests made in person are processed immediately. Phone requests are processed within 24 hours (weekdays only) and will be emailed to you.

Contact customerservicesplans@ccc.govt.nz if you have any queries. 

Please note there is a cost for private drainage plans.


See Fees - Regulatory & Property Information (Drainage Plans) for current pricing.

Building over Council owned drains

If you are rebuilding a house or garage you must check your plans don’t involve building over a Council drain.

The Council's Water Supply, Wastewater and Stormwater Bylaw 2014 specify the proximity of building work near drains – including public water, wastewater and stormwater pipes. This is so the Council can check, repair and replace drains quickly and efficiently.

Please see building near the water and wastewater network for more information.