Authorised water supply installers need to be suitably experienced individual workers who have relevant experience and skills and who have committed to ongoing training towards the National Certificate in Water Reticulation (Level 3 or 4).
To become authorised, applicants need to provide evidence to Christchurch City Council that they have:
- Health and safety systems in place
- Quality assurance systems in place
- Public liability insurance cover
- The resources to carry out the work quickly and efficiently.
They also agree to be bound by the terms and conditions [PDF, 66 KB] set out for the scheme.
- Download the application form [PDF, 51 KB]
- Pay the $575 (incl. GST) non-refundable application fee per applicant (not per company) either by cheque or at the cashier at CCC Offices in Hereford St
- Send or email the application, including all required documentation (as outlined on the application form) to:
Post: Authorised Water Supply Installer, City Services, Christchurch City Council, PO Box 73014, Christchurch 8154
On-site technical assessments are required to ensure that the applicant has the necessary experience, technical skills and resources to carry out authorised work in accordance with Council regulations and standards. The applicant will be contacted by the Council assessor to arrange the assessments.
Approval will be given in writing only and is only awarded to the individual and not to commercial entities. It is not transferable and can be withdrawn by the City Council upon non-compliance with the rules as outlined in the Terms and Conditions.
Please note that due to the large number of applications and the associated on site assessments the current turn around time is a minimum of 4 months.
Enquiries about the scheme can be made by phoning Council on (03) 941 8830.