Psychoactive substances

A license from Psychoactive Substances Regulatory Authority (PSRA) must be held in order to sell approved products.

The Psychoactive Substances Regulations 2014(external link) (the Regulations) allows applications for licenses to sell approved products by retail and wholesale.

Apply to the Psychoactive Substances Regulatory Authority(external link) for a licence. This is not managed by Christchurch City Council.

Potential retail locations

  • This map is an indicative guide to the areas of potential psychoactive substances retail locations.
  • These areas are based on the information known to Council as at May 2016 and may not indicate all sensitive sites.
  • These sensitive sites may change over time.

Please note this map is still under development so may not be complete. 

Takiuru ki ā mātou ratonga
Log in to our services