Motorcycles and mopeds are fun to ride and an economical form of transport. Training is a way to reduce your risk riding on the road.
Kickstart Roadside 2019
Free coffee, giveaways and expert advice for Canterbury motorcycle riders.
Pull over and make the most of your weekend ride with Kickstart Roadside. There's three locations you can visit this October!
Find out more.
What you can do
To help others notice you on the road and decrease your risk.
Use your headlight
- Ride with your headlight on low beam during the day.
- If your motorcycle was manufactured on or after 1 January 1980, you must use your headlight low on low beam or daytime running lamps during daylight hours.
Wear bright, reflective clothing
- This will help make you more visible. White, orange, yellow and red are the colours most easily seen.
- Reflective tape on your clothing or motorcycle can also help others to see you.
- Wear a flouro safety vest so other drivers can see you.
- Clothing that is designed specifically for motorcycling will give you the best protection.
Improve your skills with 'Ride Forever' training courses