Christchurch will continue to develop a safe network of footpaths and walkways as part of its long term plan of creating a world class transport network.
- Heed traffic signs and signals
- Cross at designated crossings
- Check for vehicles exiting driveways and coming from all directions
- Make eye contact to ensure you've been seen
- If it's dark, it can be harder to be seen so consider wearing something bright or reflective, and carrying a light
- While repair and maintenance is being carried out, note footpath diversions and utilise the cordoned areas provided