You can book a building inspection with the Council online or by phoning the Inspections Support Team on 03 941 8222.
Ensure you have a clear timeline for your building work and book inspections in advance to avoid delays on-site.
- Inspections are by appointment only and carried out between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
- The approved building consent documents are required on-site and available (this may include hard copy or digital format that is readable). An inspection may not proceed if these are not available.
- To provide us with the best possible chance of scheduling the inspection on your requested date, please submit this request at your earliest opportunity.
- Be aware that heating unit (wood burner) inspections are always in high demand. Please book a wood burner inspection by phoning our Inspections Support Team on 03 941 8222 or 0800 800 169.
- We reserve the right, from time to time, to contact customers in regard to the services provided.
- If you wish to change or cancel your inspection booking, please call our Inspections Support Team on 03 941 8222. Cancellations must be made by 4pm on the working day prior to when your inspection was scheduled to take place. The Council charges for cancellations made on the day the inspection is scheduled to take place.