Motorcycles and mopeds are fun to ride and an economical form of transport. Training is a way to reduce your risk riding on the road.
Use your headlight
- Ride with your headlight on low beam during the day.
- If your motorcycle was manufactured on or after 1 January 1980, you must use your headlight low on low beam or daytime running lamps during daylight hours.
Wear bright, reflective clothing
- This will help make you more visible. White, orange, yellow and red are the colours most easily seen.
- Reflective tape on your clothing or motorcycle can also help others to see you.
- Wear a fluoro safety vest so other drivers can see you.
- Clothing that is designed specifically for motorcycling will give you the best protection.
Improve your skills with Ride Forever training courses
Other useful resources