Ngā Puna Wai is situated five kilometres from the centre of Christchurch. The main public access is from Augustine Drive off Halswell Road. There are 458 car parking spaces including 11 mobility car parks and extra temporary grass parking.
The Orange Line bus is the closest stop to Ngā Puna Wai and stops a short 5 minute (400m) walk from the venue via Augustine Drive. Please visit Metroinfo(external link) for the latest bus information.
If you're walking or cycling, the easiest way to access Ngā Puna Wai is via Augustine Drive or via McMahan Drive if you are walking from Aidenfield. Several walking paths and cycleways lead to the venue from Halswell or Curletts Road and there are numerous cycle parks throughout the facility.
Gates and opening hours
- Ngā Puna Wai is open all hours.
- Sports Hub facilities can be booked.
- Dogs are required to be on a leash while on the boardwalk surrounding the retention basin pond.
- Dogs are not allowed on the sports fields.
- Elsewhere in the reserve, dogs are welcome under effective control.