Check whether you require consents for any works within the setbacks of waterways in the Council's jurisdiction, whether for planting, fencing or naturalisation/restoration.

Wairarapa Stream shown with a white house in the backgroundContact both Environment Canterbury and the Christchurch City Council.

In particular, consent is required from the Council to build (including decking), fill or excavate within waterway setbacks.

If you have any queries please contact us and ask to speak with the Duty Planner.