The objective of KiwiAble is to promote an inclusive, welcoming service model of community recreation. KiwiAble is committed to getting more people with a disability involved in sport, recreation and leisure by breaking down barriers to participation.
Apply for KiwiAble leisure card - it's free to join
Once we have all the information you should get your card within two weeks.
If you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anyone who has an interest in the area of sport, recreation or leisure for people with disabilities can access the KiwiAble network.
The KiwiAble programme works in the following areas:
- facilitates the KiwiAble Recreation Network, a network of disability organisations, individuals with disabilities, service providers - anyone interested in the area of sport, recreation, the arts and leisure.
- delivers disability awareness training in association with established partners to Council leisure facilities, Council holiday programme staff and some Council units.
- contributes to plans, developments of barrier free opportunities within Council
- offers advice on sport, recreation and leisure options for people with disabilities
- develops services in response to identified needs
- promotes the concept of an inclusive community
- advocacy support
- promotes equity and inclusion
- administers the KiwiAble leisure card
KiwiAble leisure card
The KiwiAble leisure card aims to reduce some of the barriers when it comes to participating in recreation.
If you require support to do activities, a number of places offer a discount for the support person, or in some cases the support person is free.
Benefits of the KiwiAble leisure card:
- The card is free of charge for those living in the greater Canterbury area
- The card offers discounts of between 10% and 50%
- Enjoy life more by getting out and being active
- Have fun, meet new people and learn new skills