Located on reserve in Victoria Square, south west of Town Hall adjoining amphitheatre.
The Floral Clock was presented to the citizens of Christchurch by former retailer Calder Mackay Co. Ltd in 1953.
It is electrically operated and the face is about 8.5 metres in diameter. Two bronze plaques are set into the wall at the base.
Over 7000 plants are required each spring and autumn for the design