There's a lot to think about when you are developing in Central City. We're here to help make the process easier.
Our range of services and advice includes
- Case management support (through our Partnership Approvals Service) to help with the range of Council information, processes and approvals required for your project, including:
- Access to our technical staff: resource and building consent officers, fire engineering specialists, geotechnical and structural engineering experts.
- Information about the resource and building consent rules and processes, including where and when a resource consent is required and how to apply for this.
- Information resources (e.g. geospatial map of Central City activity and development opportunities).
- Free advice from our Eco Design Advisor to help you build smarter.
- Advice on the planning rules under the District Plan specific to the Central City.
- Free pre-application Urban Design advice.
- Design review by our independent Christchurch Urban Design Panel.
- Specialist advice on heritage-listed buildings and assistance with applying for a heritage-related incentive grant.
- Advice on alcohol and health-related licences.
Some services may incur a charge, so please ask us about this.
We also provide additional support for alternative housing in the Central City. Examples include community housing, papakāinga housing, co-housing and alternative tenure models such as community land trusts, rent to own and shared equity schemes.
Got a question or want to know more?
To find out how we can assist you with our range of services and advice, or if you have questions about developing in Central City, email us at email@example.com