We are constructing transport projects in St Albans, Edgeware and Mairehau aimed at managing the expected traffic when the Christchurch Northern Corridor opens and improving connections for pedestrians and cyclists in the area.
Sign up for updates on traffic mitigation projects
The Christchurch Northern Corridor (CNC) is due to open in December 2020 and will help people travel to and from the north of Christchurch by extending the Northern Motorway from QEII Drive and Cranford Street, through to Innes Road.
Further information about this project is available on the NZ Transport Agency website(external link).
Construction is nearing completion
Work is currently focused on the following areas:
- Cranford Street and Sherborne Street, including the Cranford/Westminster intersection, the Cranford/Berwick intersection and installing new water mains between Berwick Street and Bealey Avenue. We are also doing significant work at the intersection of Sherborne Street and Bealey Avenue.
- The intersection of Warrington Street and Barbadoes Street.
- The intersection of Berwick Street and Forfar Street.
- The intersection of Barbadoes Street and Edgeware Road.
When travelling through the area we recommend sticking to the main roads such as Madras Street, Barbadoes Street and Hills Road where possible. We will be keeping traffic moving on these roads.
Thanks for your patience while we do this disruptive work. If you have any queries about the work please contact email@example.com.
What have we been working on?
- Road reconstruction at the Warrington Street/Forfar Street intersection.
- Railing on the pedestrian crossing at the Bealey Avenue/Sherborne Street intersection.
- Landscaping in Dee Street and Malvern Street where they intersect with Cranford Street.
- Line marking on Barbadoes Street.
What's coming up?
- Final seal at the intersection of Cranford Street and Westminster Street – weather permitting the west side of Westminster Street will be closed on Monday and Friday, while the east side of the intersection will be closed on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Parking bay at the intersection of Madras Street and Edgeware Road.
- Parking bay at the intersection of Hills Road and Westminster Street.
- Traffic light work at English Park, the Edgeware/Barbadoes intersection and the Edgeware/Sherborne intersection.