News: City Centre Update - 17 August 2020
Due to construction and improvement works the below City Centre road configurations are currently in place.
- Bealey Ave lane drop westbound between Madras St and Colombo St
- Bealey Ave lane drop eastbound between Durham St and Manchester St
- Colombo St will have intermittent full closures for night works between 6 pm and 6 am will be in place as required as part of the Hereford St night closures
- Hereford St is currently one way eastbound only between Cambridge Tce and Manchester St (Access to the Hereford St Carpark will be maintained from Manchester St)
- Hereford St will have intermittent full closures for night works between 6 pm and 6 am will be in place as required between Cambridge Tce and Colombo St
- Victoria St is currently one way citybound only between Bealey Ave and Salisbury St
Best ways to get across the city centre
Northbound: Montreal St and Madras St
Southbound: Barbadoes St, Fitzgerald Ave and Deans Ave
Eastbound: Salisbury St and Tuam St
Westbound: St Asaph St and Kilmore St
Information on how to get in and around the Central City is available, just visit the Christchurch City Council Travel Easy page(external link): It's easy by car, bike, bus, scooter or on foot.