Insurance proceeds – personal accident policies
Council, 23 July 1999.
- That an Accident Insurance Reserve Fund be established with funding to be provided from a transfer from rates so the amount provided would be the excess level less the budgeted level of claims for the year
- That the use of insurance proceeds from the Council's personal accident policies be applied as follows:
- In the first instance to offset costs the Council incurs, such as those for a by-election, temporary employment of replacement personnel, or alteration to the insured person's work environment, etc
- Should any proceeds remain unspent from costs incurred as stated in (a) above, the balance to be allocated to improving the insured person's ability to undertake her/his duties
- The City Manager to be given delegated authority to make a payment of the remaining monies at his discretion, to the insured person.