Council, 12 December 2002.
In general a standing subcommittee will be considered for establishment in one or more of the following circumstances:
- The matters delegated are specialised and do not readily fall under the purview of one standing committee
- The subcommittee is required or promoted by legislation
- The subcommittee is necessitated for reasons of efficiency in terms of managing workload and meeting timeframes
- The subcommittee is a mechanism for collaboration between the Council and other agencies and includes representatives of other agencies which are able to influence outcomes
- The subcommittee's main purpose is to consider applications, including applications for funding.