Council, 24 August 2000.
The Christchurch City Council is committed to enhancing the social wellbeing of its citizens and communities.
- People participate in community life and have [a] sense of belonging and identity.
- Living standards are sufficient to ensure everyone can meet their immediate needs, participate in society, develop their potential and live lives they find fulfilling.
- Economic outcomes generate and distribute sufficient wealth for all.
- All people, no matter age, race, gender, social and economic position or abilities, have opportunities to contribute to society and develop their potential.
- Resources are fairly distributed among citizens, communities, regions and sectors.
- The Treaty of Waitangi is honoured. Cultural diversity is respected.
- People and communities participate in decision making and political processes.
- engage citizens and communities
- enhance community participation
- ensure fair distribution of resources
- increase meaningful work
- reduce barriers to access
- reduce disparity
- respect the Treaty
- respect cultural diversity
- support community infrastructure.