Council, 20 October 2005.
- Applications for changes to the Christchurch City Plan may be made in the manner set out in Part 2 of the First Schedule to the Resource Management Act. A flowchart outlining the City Plan Variation Application Procedure (external link) is attached.
- The Council will consider any applications in the manner set out in the First Schedule
- The Council will recover its costs relating to such applications, as set out in Section 36 of the Resource Management Act 1991
- Pursuant to Clause 25(4)(e) of the First Schedule the Council may reject applications for plan changes within two years of the City Plan becoming operative. In considering whether to do this the Council will have regard to whether any of the following matters apply:
- The subject matter of the application affects an important strategic or policy issue the Council is currently investigating and may preclude options being considered
- The proposal is for rezoning of a significant amount of land for urban growth and would pre-empt options for urban growth, being considered under the Metropolitan Christchurch Urban Development Strategy
- The proposal is for rezoning of land for urban growth and the site is within a Priority 1 Area Plan currently under investigation by the Council. As at August 2005 Priority 1 Area Plans include Belfast, Memorial-Russley-Hawthornden, Southwest and Upper Styx-Harewood.
- This policy will cease to have effect in regard to any provision of the City Plan which has been operative for two years or more.