Key changes and improvements proposed for Woolston Village include:
- Creating a pedestrian-focused environment, with extra crossing points at key locations and paving that guides people to public spaces.
- Installing a flush paved median strip along the centre of the road to help identify the suburban centre and reduce vehicle speed.
- Cycle lanes and extra cycle parking.
- Introducing a 30km/h speed zone.
- Directing motorists to alternative parking (on side streets and off-street) to make the area safer for pedestrians and cyclists and make space for landscaping. This will reduce the number of parking spaces on this section of Ferry Road from 77 to 21.
- Planting more trees and improving landscaping with the aim of making the street look narrower and creating a "village feel".
- Upgrading public seating, bins, cycle stands and lighting.
- Creating gateways at either end of the village.