The Bylaw came into force on 1 September 2016.
Parks and Reserves Bylaw 2016 [PDF 671KB]
The purpose of this Bylaw is to provide for the orderly management and control of parks and reserves vested in, administered by or under the control of the Council for the benefit and enjoyment of all users of those parks and reserves.
- When parks and reserves are open to the public and when they may be closed
- Various restrictions on behaviour in parks and reserves
- The rules relating to animals in reserves
- The rules relating to vehicles, other mechanical devices and vessels in parks and reserves
- When a person may light a fire in a park or reserve
- Restrictions on camping
- Restrictions on the use of aircraft and drones in parks and reserves
- Provisions relating to playing of sports and games in parks and reserves
- Specific rules relating to the Botanic Gardens, Rawhiti Golf Course.