7 days a week from 10pm to 7am.
The greater Hagley Park area, including Hagley Park South, Hagley Park North, the Botanic Gardens, Little Hagley Park and the area around Millbrook Reserve, as well as the streets included within and bounding this area (subject to the exceptions and further descriptions below).
View a larger version of this map. [JPG, 564 KB]
Note: this area runs adjacent to the 24hr Central City Alcohol Ban Area, but only applies from 10pm to 7am.
The streets, or relevant parts of the streets which bound this area are as follows:
- Deans Avenue – the ban includes the whole of Deans Avenue
- Moorhouse Avenue – the ban includes the section of Moorhouse Avenue that runs alongside South Hagley Park (from Deans Avenue to Hagley Avenue)
- Hagley Avenue – the ban stops at the edge of the Park alongside Hagley Avenue, but does not include Hagley Avenue (Hagley Avenue is covered by the 24 hour Central City Alcohol Ban Area)
- Rolleston Avenue – the ban stops at the edge of the Park alongside Rolleston Avenue, but does not include Rolleston Avenue (Rolleston Avenue is covered by the 24 hour Central City Alcohol Ban Area)
- Carlton Mill Road – the ban includes the whole of Carlton Mill Road
- Rossall Street – the ban includes the section of Rossall Street that runs from Carlton Mill Road to Rhodes Street
- Rhodes Street – the ban includes the section of Rhodes Street that runs from Rossall Street to Helmores Lane
- Helmores Lane – the ban includes the section of Helmores Lane that runs from Rhodes Street to the Helmores Lane Bridge (and includes Helmores Lane from the Bridge to Harper Avenue inside the ban area).
The sections of the Avon River that form a boundary to the ban area are:
- Alongside Park Terrace (from the Armagh Street Bridge to the Harper Avenue / Bealey Avenue Bridge)
- Along the north side of Little Hagley Park (from the Helmores Lane bridge to the Fendalton Road/Deans Avenue Bridge).