New Year’s Eve from 5pm on 31 December to 7am on 1 January each year.
All of, or the relevant parts of, the following streets:
- Rue Lavaud
- Beach Road
- Rue Jolie
- Rue Balguerie up to Muter Street
- Rue Brittan
- Rue Croix
- part of Woodills Road up to and including the milk station turning area
- Bruce Terrace from Beach Road to Rue Jolie
- the lower part of Stanley Park (from Beach Road to Penlington Place).
This includes the following areas:
- Akaroa Beach and the waterfront area (including any wharf or jetty) from Children’s Bay to Takapunueke Reserve
- the Garden of Tane
- Waeckerle Green
- Reclamation Parking and Slipway Area
- Akaroa Recreation Ground
- Jubilee Park
- Childrens Bay
- War Memorial Grounds.
Akaroa alcohol ban area map [PDF, 133 KB]