Some local authorities were the Avon Road Board (later Waimairi County Council), Heathcote Road Board (later Heathcote County Council) and Riccarton Road Board (later Riccarton Borough Council). There were borough councils at New Brighton (amalgamated with Christchurch city in 1941), St Albans, Linwood and Sydenham (amalgamated in 1903), Spreydon and Woolston (amalgamated in 1921).
Waimairi District Council, Paparua County Council, Riccarton Borough Council, Heathcote County Council, Christchurch Drainage Board and Christchurch Transport Board amalgamated with Christchurch City Council in November 1989; Banks Peninsula District Council in 2005.
Due to this process of amalgamation and re-structuring Christchurch City Council Archives holds records created by a number of these superseded local authorities. These include:
- CCC ARC 200 Lyttelton Banks Peninsula [PDF, 979 KB]
- CCC ARC 300 Amalgamated Local Authorities [PDF, 2.3 MB]
- CCC ARC 343 Christchurch City Council Correspondence [PDF, 143 KB]
- CCC ARC 357 Waimairi County Council [PDF, 125 KB]
- CH351 Paparua County Council [PDF, 95 KB]
- CH353 Heathcote County Council [PDF, 103 KB]
- CH770 Little River Road Board, Wairewa County Council [PDF, 72 KB]
- CH921 Springs Ellesmere Electric Power Board [PDF, 58 KB]
Christchurch Drainage Board
- CH385 CDB Minute Books [PDF, 59 KB]
- CH646 CDB Correspondence [PDF, 60 KB]
- CH659 CDB Photographs & Records [PDF, 90 KB]
- CH712 CDB Minutes Book Letters [PDF, 47 KB]