We're seeking your feedback on the plans for a modular pump track we want to install at Shirley Community Reserve.
Project status: Decision made
Open for feedback: 1st July 2019 - 29th July 2019
19/09/2019 - Update - Plans Approved
On Friday 13 September 2019, the Waipapa/Papanui-Innes Community Board approved the proposal to install a temporary pump track and multi-use table at Shirley Community Reserve.
You can view the meeting minutes, which include the formal resolutions online. (external link)
We are planning to have the pump track ready to use by the end January 2020. We also expect the multi-use table to be in place by this time.
Consultation has closed
Consultation on the Shirley Community Reserve temporary pump track has now closed and we received submissions from 71 groups and individuals. You can find more here:
• All submissions received and staff responses [PDF, 744 KB]
• Community views and preferences - Key topics raised [PDF, 615 KB]
• The updated plans for approval [PDF, 823 KB]
A brief overview of the results:
• 60 (84%) submitters are in support of the plan
• 9 (13%) submitters do not support the plan
• 2 (3%) submitters did not indicate if they support the plan or not.
• 43 (60%) submitters preferred the multi-use table to be at 'Location A'
• 12 (17%) submitters preferred the multi-use table to be at another location ('Other location')
• 10 (14%) submitters preferred the multi-use table to be at 'Location B'
• 6 (9%) submitters did not indicate a preference for the multi-use table's location.
What is this project and why are we doing it?
A young member of the community got in touch with us to see if we could build a skate, scooter and park in the Shirley area.
In response to this request, we’re planning to install a temporary modular bike pump track at Shirley Community Reserve. This is an opportunity for young people to get involved in a project within their community.
By installing a temporary pump track, we can revitalise the reserve. This allows us to make use of the area by leaving the track on site for a number of years, while keeping options open for future uses of this space.
Click to enlarge plans
Downloadable plans [PDF, 647 KB]
Features of the proposal
The pump track is suitable for bikes, skateboards, rollerskates and scooters. The 48 metre track could be easily moved in the future to other sites, as needed.
Multi-purpose concrete table and seating
The multi-purpose table includes two bench seats, allowing visitors to use it as a picnic table or for table tennis. People would need to supply their own bat and ball.
We welcome your feedback on
- Whether you support the landscape plan
- Where in the reserve you would like the multi-purpose concrete table
Come and talk to us about the proposal:
Shirley Plunket Rooms, 166 North Parade, Shirley
Wednesday 10 July 2019, 4.30pm to 6.30pm