Flood mitigation works have started in the Bells Creek catchment, an area at greater risk of flooding since the earthquakes, due to ground subsidence.
News and updates
New urban forest for Linwood Lower Fields(external link) - Newsline article and video
Richardson Terrace pump station March 2017 [PDF, 428 KB]
Linwood Lower Fields March 2017 [PDF, 552 KB]
Edmonds Park works notice November 2016 [PDF, 537 KB]
Woolston Park works notice November 2016 [PDF, 539 KB]
Bells Creek Mackworth Street emergency tree removal June 2016 [PDF, 346 KB]
Bells Creek Mackworth Street works June 2016 [PDF, 292 KB]
Receive email updates by emailing your name and address to email@example.com
Bells Creek flood mitigation works
Proposed works include:
- A pump station located on Ferry Road near the Heathcote River
- Minor re-grading of a short length of Richardson Terrace
- A new detention pond within the northern half of Edmonds Park (where the sports fields are currently located. This will be dual-use, with the park flooding only in large rainfall events, and otherwise still operating as sports fields)
- A new detention pond within Linwood College's lower fields
- Upgrade of pipes in the Mackworth Street area.
The Stage 1 area was identified as an early works package to speed up construction. Further investigations are currently underway to identify options for reducing flood risk in the Moorhouse Avenue, Ferry Road, Mackenzie Avenue and Tabart Street areas (Stage 2).
Media release on the Council's Bells Creek decision - 12 November 2015(external link)
Land Drainage Recovery Programme Summary Report - 12 November 2015 [PDF, 2.3 MB]