This website includes the Building Code and Christchurch District Plan Flood Management Area and minimum floor level requirements.
Christchurch City Council (Council) provides the information in this website on the following basis:
- The preparation and provision of this information has been made in good faith from a number of sources that are believed to be reliable. The information shows:
- Approximate minimum, maximum and average ground level for properties requiring minimum floor levels under the Building Code and / or Christchurch District Plan.
- Predicted water levels in the 1 in 50 and 200 year design events including climate change and sea level rise allowances.
- Interim floor level requirements for a residential dwellings
- Fixed minimum floor levels in some parts of the Flood Management Areas in the District Plan.