Flood mitigation works have started in the Bells Creek catchment, an area at greater risk of flooding since the earthquakes, due to ground subsidence.
News and updates
Edmonds Park works notice November 2016 [PDF 536KB]
Woolston Park works notice November 2016 [PDF 547KB]
Bells Creek Mackworth Street emergency tree removal June 2016 [PDF 355KB]
Bells Creek Mackworth Street works June 2016 [PDF 299KB]
Receive email updates by emailing your name and address to email@example.com
Bells Creek flood mitigation works
Proposed works include:
- A pump station located on Ferry Road near the Heathcote River
- Minor re-grading of a short length of Richardson Terrace
- A new detention pond within the northern half of Edmonds Park (where the sports fields are currently located. This will be dual-use, with the park flooding only in large rainfall events, and otherwise still operating as sports fields)
- A new detention pond within Linwood College's lower fields
- Upgrade of pipes in the Mackworth Street area.
The Stage 1 area was identified as an early works package to speed up construction. Further investigations are currently underway to identify options for reducing flood risk in the Moorhouse Avenue, Ferry Road, Mackenzie Avenue and Tabart Street areas (Stage 2).
Media release on the Council's Bells Creek decision - 12 November 2015
Land Drainage Recovery Programme Summary Report - 12 November 2015 [PDF 2.5MB]