The green organics bin is collected weekly and the contents are recycled into compost. The Council aims to reduce contamination in the green bin so less waste is going to landfill.
Use the Wheelie Bins App
to find out what goes in each bin and get reminders to take the bins out each week.
What can go in the green organics bin
- fruit and vegetables including pips and stones
- meat, bones and fish
- bread, pastries and flours
- cut flowers, prunings, branches and leaves
- coffee grindings and tea bags
- dairy products
- human and animal hair
- food-soiled cardboard containers (including pizza boxes), paper towels and serviettes
- shells - including eggshells.