Private lanes and gated communities must apply to the Council if they want bins to be collected in the lane.

The application must be supported by 51% of property owners in the lane otherwise, all households will need to place rubbish and recycling bins on the kerbside of the nearest Council serviced road for collection.

To apply, fill in the application form [PDF, 1.3 MB] or call the Council.