Are you starting your fitness journey, or getting back into it after a break? Here are a few things you might notice when you dust off those sneakers
Exercise makes you feel good. When you start out though it may be a little uncomfortable. This is your muscles adapting to new movement.
- Exercise will make you feel good. This is because exercise releases endorphins – the body’s natural feel good chemical.
- You might get sore muscles for the first 24-48 hours. This is normal and will ease over time.
- As you’re burning more calories your body will crave more food. Ensure you eat plenty of nutritious foods, including protein to aid muscle recovery.
- You may feel more tired than normal. Get a good nights sleep to help your body reap the benefits of exercise.
- Choose exercise you enjoy and start with some short term goals. As you build up fitness and strength your confidence will grow.
- Fuel your body well and get the right amount of rest and recovery.
Fitness instructors at the Recreation & Sports Centres are there to help. Talk to an instructor today about helping you on your fitness journey.