Our Swimsmart membership offers flexible payment options, quality instructors and unlimited access to our pools outside of lesson times to help your child be confident and safe in and around the water.
Sign up for a Swimsmart membership before 16 February 2020 and be in to win a child’s bike and helmet.
- Complete the become a member form or visit any of our centres (Jellie Park, Pioneer, or Taiora QEII) and speak to one of the team.
Meet with the team to discuss your lessons. Complete and sign your membership form and choose how you’d like to pay. Don’t forget to bring your photo ID and, if you’d like to pay by direct debit, your bank account details.
We will enter your name in the draw to win a child’s bike and helmet. If you’re our lucky winner, we’ll be in touch with you shortly after 16 February 2020 so you can collect your prize.
Become a Swimsmart member
Swimsmart memberships can also be purchased by visiting any Recreation and Sport Centre – Jellie Park, Graham Condon, Pioneer or Taiora: QEII.
A Swimsmart membership offers multiple benefits:
- Up to 48 weeks of lessons per year including public and school holidays
- Unlimited access to our indoor and summer pools
- Flexible or fixed-term options
- The ability to freeze your membership for up to eight weeks per 12-month period
||Child under 3 years old. Includes a weekly lesson and unlimited pool access for one caregiver to accompany the child.
||Child 3 to 5 years old. Includes a weekly lesson and unlimited pool access for one caregiver to accompany the child.
||Child 5 to 16 years old. Includes a weekly lesson and unlimited pool access for the child.
- Memberships are assigned per child; each child in your family needs to have their own membership.
- Swimsmart school holiday programmes are not included in the membership but can be purchased in addition to your membership.
- Before joining Swimsmart a five to 10-minute swim assessment will be completed to ensure your child begins swimming at the correct level.
- Grading will occur on an ongoing basis so your child progresses through levels as soon as they are ready.
- Community service cardholders are entitled to a 25% discount on all Swimsmart memberships on presentation of a valid community services card.
Individual and shared lessons
Individual or shared lessons may be booked on the same basis as a Flexi or Fixed-term membership, with the following prices applicable:
- Individual lesson: $26.00 per week (15-minute sessions)
- Shared lesson: $17.50 per week (15-minute sessions)
For enquiries call 03 377 7690 or email email@example.com.
Managing your Swimsmart membership
You can freeze your Flexi Swimsmart membership for a minimum period of two weeks and a maximum period of four weeks per freeze, not exceeding eight weeks in total over a 12-month period, by completing a membership freeze form.
Flexi memberships can be cancelled after 3 months of active membership. You will need to complete a membership withdrawal form available from at any Recreation and Sport Centre.
Fixed-term members paying in bulk will not be able to freeze, with the exception of medical reasons if a medical certificate is supplied. Fixed-term memberships can only be cancelled if you are moving outside of the greater Christchurch area (proof required).
Full Swimsmart membership terms and conditions.