Proudly produced by the Christchurch City Council, this year’s event will deliver an incredible pyrotechnic display set to Anthems of Rock!
So, be cool, relax and make tracks with your whole family to New Brighton Mall from 6pm for local food options and then to the North Carpark for your chance to meet the 92.1 More FM Canterbury team (plus try your hand at the Spin and Win wheel for the chance to nab some neat glow-in-the-dark prizes!). Most of all, open your eyes and look up to the skies from 9pm for a spectacular fireworks finale on the Pier!
If wet, postponement date is Saturday 3 November. Keep an eye on our Facebook page or listen to MORE FM for any announcement.
Please note: All Slide 'n' Ride tickets for Friday's Treetech Fireworks Spectacular have been sold out!
The offer has been a great success, and there are no more tickets available. The trial bus service should see a lot fewer cars and traffic in New Brighton for the popular fireworks show, which will mean an even more enjoyable evening for everyone – and it may become a regular part of future events.
Buses will bypass road closes and have priority leaving New Brighton over private vehicles. Best routes to get to the event by car
- From the South: use Anzac Drive, Dyers Road or Breezes to Bridge Street.
- From North and Northwest: use Beach Road or Travis Road.
- From the West: use New Brighton or Wainoni Road, Pages.
- Central New Brighton either side of the Pier through our sound system.
- North Beach Surf Life Saving Club.
- South Beach Surf Life Saving Club.
- The hills around Pegasus Bay. Don’t forget to listen to the More FM broadcast by Lana and JMac on 92.1!
Alcohol free zone
Rock n’ roll provides all the buzz we need, so this event is an alcohol-free zone.
Transport and road closures
However you’re planning on getting there, we suggest planning your journey ahead of time. For everyone’s safety, we’ll have temporary road access changes in place on the night, so we’d love to see people taking the bus or carpooling to reduce delays.
The following road closures will be in place between 6pm to midnight:
- Owles Terrace from Pages Road to Collingwood Street.
- Marine Parade from Hawke Street to Hood Street.
- Oram Avenue from Beresford Street to Hood Street.
- Seaview Road from Pages Road to Hardy Street.
- Hardy Street from Seaview Road to Collingwood Street.
- Beresford Street from Owles Terrace to Marine Parade.
- Seaview Road from Shaw Avenue to Beresford Street.
- Collingwood Street from Hardy Street to Union Street.
- Union Street from Brighton Mall to Owles Terrace.
- Hood Street from Union Street to Oram Avenue.
- Ida St - Entire length.
- Mafeking St - Entire length.
Parking will be available for $5 per vehicle at Thompson Park during the event (entrance off Marine Parade).
Mobility car parking (with official mobility pass) will be available in the New Brighton Beach North Ramp car park. This area’s accessible via Pages Road, Hawkes Street.
Catch the bus! Metro will run services on all routes that travel to New Brighton and will drop passengers off at Oram Avenue. After the show you can also catch buses back home again from Oram Avenue. For more information please phone Metro Info on 03 366 8855 or ask staff in Oram Ave for travel times and last bus information.
Fireworks can be upsetting for pets, so please leave your furry friends indoors at home all night. Our Animal Management team had some great pet safety tips in their latest newsletter.
While there are rubbish bins available, please take your rubbish and recycling home with you. You can also help protect our beautiful beach environment by picking up litter that other people may have left behind. We’re so proud of our beaches and it only takes a little bit of effort to keep them clean.
Leave it to the experts! Firework Professionals have everything under control for this year’s display , so for the safety of others (and to stay on the right side of the law!), please leave your own fireworks at home.
St. John will be on site and have ambulances and staff located outside the library and beach surrounds.
Last but certainly not least, a big thanks to Treetech for sponsoring this event for 10 years! We’ll have something special for you guys with our finale song.