The Christchurch City Council Events and Arts Team are requesting proposals from theatre companies to provide the outdoor stage production and performances for the 2019 Anthony Harper Summer Theatre season.
Summer Theatre has been entertaining the Christchurch community for the past 25 years and we are proud to be associated with free outdoor theatre once again in the Christchurch Botanic Gardens thanks to our naming rights partner Anthony Harper.
Objectives and minimum requirements for hosting Anthony Harper Summer Theatre:
- Provide a free family community event as part of SummerTimes for the citizens of Christchurch.
- Acquire the services of a NZ Theatre Company to produce an appealing and interactive show featuring local talent.
- Provide 20 public performances and two dedicated sponsors preview evenings prior to the launch of Anthony Harper Summer Theatre.
- Attract a minimum of 10,000 people across the duration of 20 shows.
- Showcase the Christchurch Botanic Gardens whilst citizens enjoy an outdoor theatre event.
- Engage the local community and schools.
- The selected Theatre Company manage the overall venue daily including pack-in and out.
View the Request for Proposals document for more information. [PDF, 1.6 MB]