Michael Theelan - Chief Planning Officer
1. The Christchurch City Council has received four decisions from the Independent Hearings Panel on the following proposals to replace some of the provisions of the operative Christchurch City Plan and the operative Banks Peninsula District Plan. The new provisions will become the first operative parts of the Christchurch Replacement District Plan.
• Decision 1 - Strategic Directions and Strategic Outcomes (and relevant definitions);
• Decision 2 - Temporary Activities Related to Earthquake Recovery (and relevant definitions);
• Decision 3 - Repair and Rebuild of Multi-Unit Residential Complexes (and relevant definitions); and
• Decision 4 - Rezoning of Exemplar Housing Areas Under Action 8 of the Land Use Recovery Plan (North Halswell) (and relevant definitions).
2. There have been no appeals lodged with the High Court in respect of these decisions and in accordance with Clause 15(2) of the Canterbury Earthquake (Christchurch Replacement District Plan) Order 2014, these decisions were deemed to have been approved by the Christchurch City Council on 2 April 2015.
3. In accordance with Clause 16(1) of the Canterbury Earthquake (Christchurch Replacement District Plan) Order 2014, the provisions subject to those four decisions will become operative on 25 May 2015.
4. The operative Christchurch Replacement District Plan incorporates the following material by reference:
|Decision 1||Christchurch City Plan (Open Space 3D (Clearwater) Zone)|
Ministry of Health Drinking-water Standards for New Zealand 2005 (Revised 2008)
Fire Fighting and Water Supply Code of Practice (SNZ PAS 4509:2008)
5. The provisions (including the material incorporated by reference) are part of the operative Christchurch Replacement District Plan and are available for inspection (free of charge) or can be purchased during normal opening hours at any of the Council’s Service Centre offices and libraries (including Civic Offices at 53 Hereford Street). For details of your nearest service centre please telephone (03) 941 8999. The operative Christchurch Replacement District Plan is also available on the Council’s website (external link)(external link)from where the provisions may be viewed and downloaded.
Date: 18 May 2015
Michael Theelen - Chief Planning Officer
Telephone: 03 941 8999