The Halswell War Memorial has been restored to its former glory and lighting added so it can be a constant reminder of the men who lost their lives in World War 1.
Unveiled in June 1924, the Memorial was built to commemorate the members of the Halswell District who died in the First World War and was paid for entirely by donations from the community.
It suffered some minor damage in the earthquakes but has now been repaired.
At the urging of the Halswell Residents' Association and the Templeton RSA, lighting has also been added to the memorial so it can be appreciated after dark.
The Riccarton/Wigram Community Board put money into the costs of the lighting design while the Halswell Residents' Association and the RSA contributed towards the cost of installation.