The Council has commissioned several reports over a period of years to gain a comprehensive understanding of sea level rise and its potential effects.
The 2017 Coastal Hazard Assessment for Christchurch and Banks Peninsula will be the most up-to-date information on coastal hazards across these areas. It is currently being finalised and due for release in late 2017.
The 2017 Report is the result of a thorough and independent peer review of the 2015 Coastal Hazards Report.
A peer review panel made recommendations for changes to the 2015 report and further investigations. These recommendations have been addressed in the 2017 report. The report has been independently peer reviewed to ensure it met the panel’s recommendations.
It will be available once it has been received by the Council.
View the reports
Appendices for Tonkin & Taylor Hazard Assessment Report 2015:
- Appendix A [PDF, 25 MB] - Site location plan
- Appendix B [PDF, 2.5 MB] - Beach profile output plots
- Appendix C [PDF, 17 MB] - DSAS maps (historic shoreline movement)
- Appendix D - Coastal erosion hazard zone maps
- Avon - Heathcote Estuary [PDF, 14 MB]
- Brooklands [PDF, 8.5 MB]
- Christchurch Open Coast from Waimairi Beach to Southshore [PDF, 27 MB]
- South New Brighton Spit, Alandale, Teddington [PDF, 17 MB]
- Charteris Bay, Purau, Akaroa [PDF, 25 MB]
- Wainui [PDF, 17 MB]
- Duvauchelle [PDF, 20 MB]
- Takamatua [PDF, 3.5 MB]
- Appendix E - Coastal inundation hazard zones
- Sumner, Taylors Mistake [PDF, 9.7 MB]
- Alandale, Teddington [PDF, 8.4 MB]
- Charteris Bay, Purau [PDF, 27 MB]
- Akaroa, Wainui [PDF, 24 MB]
- Duvauchelle, Takamatua [PDF, 32 MB]
- Avon - Heathcote Estuary [PDF, 22 MB]
- Brooklands [PDF, 11 MB]
- Appendix F [PDF, 464 KB] - TUFLOW model description
- Appendix G [PDF, 1.4 MB] - Open Coast Coastal erosion hazard zone probabilistic model outputs
- Effects of Sea Level Rise for Christchurch [PDF, 14 MB](2013)