Feedback from affected property owners, the community and those with a special interest or involvement in the Port Hills was instrumental in developing the plan, which Christchurch City Council adopted on 8 June.
Some work has already been completed, while medium-term measures identified will need to be considered for funding in the 2017/18 Annual Plan and longer term projects the 2018-2028 Long Term Plan.
As well as looking at landslip mitigation, replanting and efforts to reduce the likelihood of sediment runoff into waterways, the plan also touches on the fire response itself.
Port Hills Recovery Plan Discussion Document [PDF 888KB]
Recovery team weekly reports
Below are links to the weekly reports from the Christchurch recovery team. Some information has been redacted because it contains personal information or material that is commercially sensitive.
- Port Hills Fire Recovery report week ending 17 March 2017 [PDF, 304 KB] [PDF 312KB]
- Port Hills Fire Recovery report week ending 24 March 2017 [PDF, 382 KB] [PDF 391KB]
- Port Hills Fire Recovery report week ending 31 March 2017 [PDF, 407 KB] [PDF 417KB]
- Port Hills Fire Recovery report week ending 7 April 2017 [PDF, 413 KB] [PDF 423KB]
- Port Hills Recovery report week ending 5 May 2017 [PDF, 385 KB] [PDF 390KB]