An octagonal spray and water curtain fountain set in large pool, The H.L. Bowker Fountain has been part of the Victoria Square complex since 1931.
Funds for a fountain were gifted to the City by Henry Layton Bowker (1840-1921), an early settler and city businessman whose office overlooked Victoria Square. A bronze plaque is set on the main body behind water the curtain and details the fountain's provenance.
Designed by Victor Hean, the fountain was the first illuminated electric fountain in Australasia when it was constructed in 1931 and sits on the site of the former animal pound.
The fountain is currently undergoing restoration and will return to its home in Victoria Park upon completion.