A five-week practical and theory-based course in which participants will learn the basics of horticulture.
- Wednesday 5 June 5.30pm to 7.30pm: Course Introduction. Plant naming.
- Wednesday 12 June 5.30pm to 7.30pm: Soils.
- Saturday 15 June 12.30pm to 4.30pm: Practical.
- Wednesday 19 June 5.30pm to 7.30pm: Plant functions.
- Wednesday 26 June 5.30pm to 7.30pm: Pest, disease and disorders.
- Wednesday 3 July 5.30pm to 7.30pm: Propagation. Closing presentation.
- plant names and classification
- plant functions
- pests, disease and disorders
- plant propagation
- tree and shrub planting (practical)