The fund aims to:
- Strengthen the connection between the residential red zone land and adjacent communities.
- Provide a range of recreational and other opportunities for Christchurch residents.
- Improve the short and/or long-term environmental and ecological health of red zones land.
- Create a stronger connection between ideas for residential red zone transitional use and the desires of local communities and other Christchurch residents.
- Enable testing of new and innovative ideas.
- Support any Regeneration Plans or planning for more permanent uses of residential red zone land.
- Support a strategic view of the area through supporting connected, integrated, collaborative and non-competing projects.