- Map of population change [PDF, 1.6 MB] [PDF 1.72MB], 2013 Census
- Map of population density [PDF, 1.5 MB] [PDF 1.61MB], 2013 Census
- Interactive map of the estimated resident population(external link) at 30 June 2001, 2006 and 2013 (Statistics New Zealand's StatsMaps(external link))
- data available at area unit level
- Interactive map of the number of usual residents counted(external link) at 2001, 2006 and 2013 Censuses (Statistics New Zealand's StatsMaps(external link))
- data available at meshblock, area unit, district and regional level
Note: The census usually resident population is a count of all people who usually live in Christchurch AND are present anywhere in New Zealand on census night (5 March 2013). This count EXCLUDES residents who are temporarily overseas on census night and also excludes visitors from overseas.
Note: The estimated resident population at 30 June 2013 differs from the 5 March 2013 census count for the following reasons: The estimate takes into account residents missed by the census (net undercount); it INCLUDES residents temporarily overseas on census night; and it takes into account population change (births, deaths and migration) between March and June of the same year.