The Riccarton Wigram Ward extends from Templeton in the west, across to Riccarton, and south to Halswell. It includes Yaldhurst, Islington, Hornby and Hei Hei, Broomfield, Oaklands, Westlake, Sockburn, Wigram and Westmorland.
- 65,529 residents and 22,638 households.
- 10 Council social housing complexes.
- 14 primary schools, 2 intermediates schools, 6 high schools, 2 Year 1-13 schools, 2 special education schools, the University of Canterbury and Southern Institute of Technology.
- 16 medical centres.
- 3 Council libraries, and 2 community volunteer libraries.
- Approximately 4,700 businesses employing 47,000 people.
- Major sport and recreation amenities: Canterbury Park, Halswell Quarry, Ruapuna Park, Denton Park, Riccarton Bush, University of Canterbury Playing Fields, Wharenui Pool and Recreation Centre, Templeton Pool, Sockburn Recreation Centre.
- Major shopping centres: Westfield Riccarton, Hornby Hub, Bush Inn Centre and Church Corner, Tower Junction, Hornby Mega Centre.
- 8 neighbourhood facilities (Council community centres, halls, and cottages).
- 17 residents groups, and 2 business associations.
- There are approximately 220 community groups supporting community development and recreation in the Ward.
- There are 3 Council supported and 2 community-led community organisation networks that meet on a regular basis.
- As at November 2014 there are 139 community projects operating that are funded through the Riccarton Wigram Community Board.
- Community Board sponsored projects: Community Service and Youth Awards; Garden Pride Awards; Neighbourhood Week, Youth Development Fund, Culture Galore and Older Adults Events.